Saturday, January 06, 2007

Give Me Moments, Not Hours Or Days, Just Give Me Moments

Note: the following post is not directed at anyone in particular, but more of a trend that I've seen in people, and should not be taken as me trying to send a message to someone, I repeat this is not meant for anyone in particular.

Anyone that's spoken to me for more than two hours knows this: I am a total kamikaze when it comes to love. I never flinch, never see the obstacles placed in front of me, just see the goal. And this has led me through some very painful experiences, and things that have definetly scarred me for life, but I can safely say, after licking my wounds, that I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's not uncommon to meet people, especially girls, who distance themselves to avoid heartache and pain, which I think is a damn shame, cos even though I've suffered a lot (I've made a lot of my female friends cry just by telling them my stories) my best moments in life have been product of my unwavering conviction to see things through, to not have that "what if" linger in my thoughts, eating away at my consciousness and my heart.

But what about the heartbreak of someone leaving, or of someone betraying you after you've opened yourself to them, you say? Well there's always going to be pain, but life isn't worth living if you don't take risks. And we fall so as to learn how to get back up again, and I can confidently affirm that every hearbreak is a little less painful.

What do I mean with obstacles? Obstacles can come in many forms, from the inevitable departure of one the parties, to the skepticism and distance of a person once betrayed by his/her former love. Either way, people fail to act out of fear, fail to realize that life is not composed of time, but moments. A guy who's leaving in three months is no impediment to try to live those 3 months like they were your last, cos believe me, sometimes those 3 months can be your last, and some people are just not the same after letting that opportunity pass them by and piece of them dies with them. Don't let opportunities, along with your life, pass you by.

If I could do it again
I'd make more mistakes
I'd climb more trees
I'd not be so scared of falling


Don't think of time, think of moments... it's frightening how an uneventful year composed of a meaningless recollection of repetitively mundane actions can easily be compressed into a week's worth of memories. In opposition, three months can be your everything, those three months can change your life... forever...

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. So seek happiness while you can, as the supreme happiness of life is found in the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather in spite of ourselves.

(Hemingway and Victor Hugo fused together)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloody oath!!!

Anonymous said...

"with love, there are no rules. Some may try to control their emotions and develop strategies for their behavior; others may turn to reading books of advice from "experts" on relationships but this is all folly. The heart decides, and what it decides is all that really matters.
All of us have had this experience. At some point, we have each said through our tears, "I'm suffering for a love that's not worth it." We suffer because we feel we are giving more than we receive. We suffer because our love is going unrecognized. We suffer because we are unable to impose our own rules.
But ultimately there is no good reason for our suffering, for in every love lies the seed of our growth.
(...)those who love conquer the world and have no fear of loss."

~ Paulo Coelho

Teabagstains said...

i like how you incorporated bloc party. it makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]alfonspot.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Research displays that about 90% of all USA grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

Anonymous said...

This is Epic!! I really needed to read something like this. There's this girl I like but I'm too scared to talk to her. I conjure up these stupid what ifs in my brain but they lead nowhere. This has inspired me to sack up.
Bloc Party are my favourite band in the world. You rock!