Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy 25th Anniversary

A friend of mine, Rodolfo Antonio Mora (CC:91513161 Bucaramanga) found an article about my dad in a newspaper in Colombia.

My dad, 25 years ago, was kidnapped by a left wing guerrilla group. He was held captive for 4 days, but was able to escape when he figured out how to undo the knot, and jump off a bridge into a river at 1am in pitch black conditions, with men firing AK-47s at him. Then he ran barefoot for 25 kilometers. I wish I was kidding, but that's how close he was of dying and of me never having been born.

I look up to this guy for a lot of reasons, and most people know what I'm talking about. He's done so much with his life, and this is just one infinetly small fraction of that.

original article in spanish
http://www.eltiempo.com/vidadehoy/2007-02-14/ARTICULO-WEB-NOTA_INTERIOR-3438261.html

Oh yeah, and he just totally saved this girl's life by doing a pulmonar vessel angioplasty:
http://www.vanguardia.com/2007/2/15/buc2.htm

Dad, you rock and I love you. I'm proud to be your son.

1 comment:

Hani Jazzar said...

wow!! i had no idea!!

let's talk about it tonight